The Ingest micro-service provides a means to add new digital content into the curation environment for active management by the Program. Using terms defined by the Open Archival Information System (OAIS) reference model, the Ingest service accepts Submission Information Packages (SIPs) and converts them into Archival Information Packages (AIPs). This process may involve the use of other micro-services: the Transformation service to transcode objects into normative forms defined by internal standards; the Characterization service to produce relevant descriptive information for management in the Inventory service; and the Storage service to manage object files.
Programmatic submission to the Ingest service can be made using the API. As described in the Ingest specification document, the request arguments are:
(optional) The name of the file
The file itself, i.e. its contents
The submission profile, which we will provide to the submitter
(optional) ARK identifier, if known
(optional) local identifier, if known
(optional) valid values:
(optional) digest value, hex-encoded string
(optional) descriptive note
(optional) valid values:
All of the enumerated values (file type, digest type, response form) are case-insensitive.
curl --silent -u user:password \
-F "file=@ucsf_etd_200609.checkm" \
-F "type=container-batch-manifest" \
-F "submitter=username" \
-F "responseForm=xml" \
-F "profile=merritt_demo_content" \
-F "localIdentifier=local-ID-test" \
Using the secure https connection with curl may require additional certificates. Please contact UC3 with any questions.
A sample manifest is available at http://pwillett.bitbucket.org/METSsample.txt
3) Then send the URL of the manifest to the feeder. The URL should have this format:
- feederURL (for Merritt stage, this is merritt-stage.cdlib.org/feeder-mets/; for production, merritt.cdlib.org/feeder-mets/
- userID (login)
- authCode (password)
- accessGroupID (collection name--we can let you know the collection name) (nb–without the _content suffix)
- fillin (Optional. if "false", this will suppress fixity check of object components by feeder, speeding up the submission. The implicit default is &fillin=true)
- manifestURL (with URL encoding replacing ":" (%3a) "/" (%2f) etc)
To fill in some of the variables, it would look like this (no line breaks):
httpscurl "http: //merritt-stage.cdlib.org/feeder-mets/mets/?userID=yourLogin&authCode=yourAuthCode&accessGroupID=xxxxx&manifestURL=http%3a%2f%URL%2fsubdirectory%2fFilename"
4) We will retrieve the list and ingest the METS documents.
Provide status of a Merritt Ingest submission during and after processing. Status responses include:
- Other requests are passed directly through to couchDB. See: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API
- Job, Primary and Local IDs (JID, PID, LID) must be JSON URL encoded and double quoted. For example, %22localid001%22 for localid001.
Supports HTTP Basic. Credentials provided by Merritt team.
Adding a new user to the poll service.