UT System discussion
Contact: Daniel Updegrove, UT-Austin, VP for Information Technology
Focus Area: System Role in Educational Technology
- There are six public university systems in Texas; there are 2 R1 universities – Austin and Texas A&M, each in a different system.
- UT-Austin is in the UT system; composed of 6 medical schools and 9
- has a chancellor and CIO (Claire Goldsmith)
- president and CIO at each of the 15 campuses
- multiple sectors in the system from 2 yr to R1
- hard tolook for shared anything
- What is being shared
- THE - the network run by Austin for the 15 campuses
- ERP systems developed/run by Austin for campuses who want to use
- Data Center Consolidation; may lead to disaster rrecovery strategy
- UT-Telesystem overlayed on 9 campus systems --student can enroll
in any one campus & take a course at any
- Classroom policies? Yes, some purview re classroom policies
- Texas H.E. Coordinating Board ?get link?
- Legislature Budget Board ?get link?
- State CIO/Depart of Information Resources