Space Administrators must set the permissions for their space.
You access the Permissions tab by clicking on browse and then going to the Space Admin screen. Then click on the Permissions link on the left menu.
- Click on 'Browse Space' at the upper right corner of your space.
- Click the Space Admin' tab.
- On the left menu, under Security, click on 'Permissions'
- Click on the 'Edit Permissions' button.
The ability to view and/or create (edit) wiki spaces may be provided to everyone, including the public, or restricted to particular individuals. Permissions decisions must be made in the following order:
1. Groups: By default, everyone with a Confluence account, which includes UCOP employees and many non UCOP affiliated individuals, may view and create wiki pages within your wiki space. These people are called Confluence Users. If you do not want all these users to view/create in your space, click on the Edit Permissions button under the Groups heading, and uncheck the appropriate permissions boxes. For example, you could allow them to view but not create by unchecking the "create" boxes, or you could uncheck all boxes to completely remove access. Make sure to save your changes.
2. Individual Users: If you decided to completely remove access at the Groups level (see above), you must designate permissions at the Indidvidual Users level. This way, you will provide access to only your targeted audience, rather than all Confluence Users. To do this, you must (1) under the Groups heading uncheck the permissions boxes and (2) under the Individual Users heading add the names of the people to whom you wish to provide access. To do this, click on the magnifying glass icon to search for the Confluence User you want to add, type in the first name and hit Search, check the box by the correct user's name, and click on Add. Note: If the person is outside UCOP, a Confluence account first must be created for that individual by the TechDesk before you can find their name. Finally, you must designate the permissions you wish to provide each user by checking the appropriate boxes after their names. Make sure to save your changes.
3. Anonymous Access: By default, the general public (people without Confluence accounts and called "anonymous" users), cannot view or create pages in your wiki space. If you wish to provide anonymous access, click on the Edit Permissions button and check the appropriate boxes.